The Yellowjacket location is in , California
. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Yellowjacket facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Campground information , California
Yellowjacket Campground provides plenty of opportunities for outdoor fun on Union Valley Reservoir. The water plays host to an array of activities like water skiing and
fishing. The surrounding cedar and ponderosa pine forest is a lovely setting for hiking and biking.
The Union Valley Bike Trail spans 4.8 miles with an easy climb of 300 feet. The trail connects campgrounds on the east side of the lake, from Jones Fork Campground to Wench Creek, and is open to hikers and bikers. The Bassi Falls Hiking Trail is also worth exploring.
Anglers seek rainbow, brown and mackinaw trout or kokanee salmon. The reservoir also offers opportunities for swimming, water skiing and boating. A boat ramp and boat trailer parking are provided at this campground.
Sites are equipped with picnic tables, grills and campfire rings. The campground offers a dump station, drinking water and both flush and vault toilets.
A host is on-site. Some sites at this camp are available on a first-come, first-served basis (more campground details)
Union Valley Reservoir sits in the Crystal Basin within the Sierra Nevada Mountains at an elevation of 4,900 feet. The area is part of the Eldorado National Forest, which includes the famed gold mining territory of the 1800s. Protected remnants of the days of the California Gold Rush are all around the region.
The climate is similar to that of the Mediterranean, with warm, dry summers and cold, wet winters.
An abundance of wildlife can be found within the Sierra Nevada Range, including black bears, mule deer, bobcat, gray fox, bighorn sheep, pikas, martens and a variety of squirrels. Several species of reptiles, amphibians and birds also inhabit the area.
The Desolation Wilderness is nearby, offering the opportunity to get away from the crowds and enjoy the serenity of nature.
For facility specific information, please call (831) 245-6891.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refunds for a cancelled reservation.
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 4 days before your arrival date. A customer who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night’s use fee (see Late Cancellation below).
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld
Frequently Asked Questions About Eldorado , CA
How do I make a reservation with Yellowjacket?
To make reservations at Yellowjacket, you can call the office at 530-293-0827.
Where is Yellowjacket located?
The Yellowjacket is located at Eldorado in ,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Yellowjacket have tent or RV camping?
Yellowjacket offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 530-293-0827 to make sure things haven’t changed.