The Valley View Group Campground location is in , #N/A
. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Valley View Group Campground facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Campground information , #N/A
Valley View Group Campground are primitive group campsites nestled along the Delaware River located within the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Its close proximity to the Delaware River allows campers to enjoy the peacefulness of nature with easy access to outdoor recreational opportunities. There are 5 campsites that include a fire ring, picnic tables, bear proof trash containers, bear proof storage lockers, and 4 vault toilets. Each site can host 5 to 25 people, with 5 people being the minimum to reserve a site.
The only way to access Valley View Campground is to paddle in by boat on the Delaware River. Once you reach the shore line for Valley View Campground there is short path that will lead you from the riverbank up to the campsite area. Along with the seclusion of your campsite there is a common area centrally located with benches and a flag pole. This area is great to mingle or conduct group activities.
Pets are not permitted at Valley View Campground. The use or possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Quite hours begin at 10am until 6am.
An approximately 2/10 of a mile stroll up the gravel driveway from the campsites you will find the McDade Recreation Trail. The McDade Trail is a hiiking and biking trail. The McDade Recreational Trail (MRT) is a packed gravel path that parallels the Delaware River on the Pennsylvania side of the park for 32 miles. Click the link below for more information on the McDade Trail.
A Lifejacket Can’t Save Anyone If All People Onboard Don’t Wear One
- Children aged 12 and under MUST wear Coast Guard-approved lifejackets at all times when on the river.
- Jackets must fit appropriately, and be fully fastened to be effective. Wearing a life jacket is not just common sense, it is THE LAW.
- Lifejackets aren’t just for kids. Any person paddling or boating MUST have their own US Coast Guard approved lifejacket or PFD onboard and readily accessible in case of emergency.
- All boaters must wear lifejackets on boats less than 16 feet in length and on canoes and on kayaks, from November 1 through April 30, to protect boaters from cold water shock if they fall into the water.
- Always wear your lifejacket on and in the water.
Some helpful tips when it comes to any incident on the Delaware river during your visit:
- Stay Calm and remove yourself to a safe area; Help will come to you
- Contact 911, or the park Emergency Operations Center at 570-426-2457 if you have an emergency
- Know your surroundings; Keep an eye out for important landmarks to describe where you are located in an emergency
- Download the NPS App to your phone prior to your visit and download the maps for Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Keep your phone and identification in a waterproof bag for safety.
Located along the Delaware River, Valley View Campground is a flat camping area sprawled out beneth the shaded canopy of the hardwood trees.
Nearby attractions include:
- The McDade Trail
Frequently Asked Questions About ,
How do I make a reservation with Valley View Group Campground?
To make reservations at Valley View Group Campground, you can call the office at 570-426-2452.
Each campsite is $100.00 per site per night.
Where is Valley View Group Campground located?
The Valley View Group Campground is located at in ,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Valley View Group Campground have tent or RV camping?
Valley View Group Campground offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 570-426-2452 to make sure things haven’t changed.