The Silver Creek Group Campground location is in Pollock Pines, California
95726. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Silver Creek Group Campground facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Pacific Ranger Station
Campground information Pollock Pines, California
Silver Creek, located in the Crystal Basin area, offers a fun atmosphere with beautiful scenery for group gatherings. The Ice House Reservoir is less than 2 miles away, providing fun options for motor boating, jet skiing and more.
Eldorado National Forest includes the famed gold mining territory of the 1800s. Remnants of the days of the California Gold Rush are all around the region.
Swimming and fishing are both excellent recreation options on the creek. Rainbow and brown trout are found in these waters.
The nearby Ice House Campground is convenient for access to Ice House Reservoir. Here, campers can swim, sunbathe, canoe or go water skiing. Hikers and mountain bikers can also find trails in the area.
No drinking water is available, so bring water or use properly boiled stream water. The group site can accommodate 40 guests for tent camping. The sites include 9 walk-to units and 4 sites with parking spurs.
There is a central kitchen area for cooking. Here, there is one large group fire ring. This is the only fire ring at the site. Parking is only in the parking lot (more campground details).
A dump station is provided at nearby Ice House Campground, and showers are at Fashoda Campground.
Silver Creek sits under canopy of conifers like the ponderosa pine. The South Fork Silver Creek runs through the southern end of the campground, providing a peaceful soundtrack with its gently flowing water.
The Eldorado Forest is in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, an area known for granite peaks, alpine lakes and pine forest.
An abundance of wildlife can be found within the Sierra Nevada Range, including black bears, mule deer, bobcat, gray fox, bighorn sheep, pikas, martens and a variety of squirrels. Several species of reptiles, amphibians and birds also inhabit the area.
The Desolation Wilderness is nearby, offering the opportunity to get away from the crowds and enjoy the serenity of nature.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: Customers who cancel a group overnight facility reservation less than 14 days before the arrival date will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night’s use fee..
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 14 days before your arrival date.
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pacific Ranger Station Pollock Pines, CA
How do I make a reservation with Silver Creek Group Campground?
To make reservations at Silver Creek Group Campground, you can call the office at 831-245-6891.
Where is Silver Creek Group Campground located?
The Silver Creek Group Campground is located at Pacific Ranger Station in Pollock Pines,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Silver Creek Group Campground have tent or RV camping?
Silver Creek Group Campground offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 831-245-6891 to make sure things haven’t changed.