The Shotgun Creek Recreation Site location is in Springfield, Oregon
97477. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Shotgun Creek Recreation Site facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Northwest Oregon District
Bureau Of Land Management-Springfield Interagency Office
Campground information Springfield, Oregon
The refreshing location with its lush, forest setting, coupled with comforts normally associated with an urban park, blend seamlessly at this popular day-use site. Here, one can immerse in the enjoyment of surrounding hiking trails, a swimming area, meandering creeks, and picnicking units. Whether seeking trail solitude, a fun day of water play during the heat of summer, or the lingering memory of that very special celebration, this special place awaits your arrival. Shotgun Creek Recreation Site is open to day use year round. Shelter reservations are available from May 1-September 30 each year.
Hiking, picnicking, family gatherings, sand volleyball, softball, playground, horseshoe pits, and seasonal water play.
- Reserve one or both large group day-use shelters each equipped with fireplace, lights, sinks, potable water, and picnic tables that will accommodate up to 112 people comfortably for events.
- 23 individual picnic sites
- 6.43 miles of hiking trail
The beautiful, well-equipped wooden shelters, available by reservation, offer a fine place to celebrate special events such as weddings, anniversaries or birthday parties.
- The 34-mile Shotgun OHV Trail System is located immediately north of the recreation site. Nearby staging facilities offer free amenities such as picnic tables, bathrooms, and trash facilities. Elevations from 758 to 2,864. Current fire restrictions: Fire Closures and Restrictions. Public Fire Restriction lev els can be found on Oregon Department of Forestry’s website.
- Earnest Bridge south on Marcola Rd about a mile on the left on Paschelke Rd.
- Springfield Golf Club south on Marcola Rd about 9 miles turn left on Sunderman Rd.
- McGowan Environmental Education Area is located along McGowan Creek Road west of Shotgun Creek Rd.
Charges & Cancellations
Standard fees apply and are non-refundable.
Visit https://www.recreation.gov/rules-reservation-policies for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions About Northwest Oregon District Springfield, OR
How do I make a reservation with Shotgun Creek Recreation Site?
To make reservations at Shotgun Creek Recreation Site, you can call the office at 541-683-6600.
- A $5 daily vehicle fee is not included with shelter reservations and is collected on site. Cash or check made out to Bureau of Land Management is accepted. Fee envelope receipt stub must be displayed on the dash.
- Alternatively, you may use the Northwest Oregon Distrtict Annual Day Use Pass, Interagency Passes, and Golden Passes in place of the $5 per vehicle fee. Display those passes on the dash or hang from the rearview mirror.
Where is Shotgun Creek Recreation Site located?
The Shotgun Creek Recreation Site is located at Northwest Oregon District Bureau Of Land Management-Springfield Interagency Office in Springfield,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Shotgun Creek Recreation Site have tent or RV camping?
Shotgun Creek Recreation Site offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 541-683-6600 to make sure things haven’t changed.