The Sentinel Campground location is in Three Rivers, California
93271. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Sentinel Campground facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
47050 Generals Highway
Campground information Three Rivers, California
Sentinel Campground in Cedar Grove is nestled in the stunning Kings Canyon, one of the deepest canyons in the United States. With views of a lovely meadow central to the campground, the sound of the Kings River, and glowing mountainsides just beyond the trees, Sentinel Campground is a wonderful place for families to spend time in the great outdoors.
Cedar Grove provides a plethora of hiking trails, from the hiking newcomer to the avid backpacker, and everyone in between. Day hikers can hike to Mist Falls, Cedar Grove Overlook, around the peaceful Kanawyer Loop along the Kings River, through Zumwalt Meadow, and more. Visitors can also fish for trout in the Kings River, or take a scenic horseback ride through the canyon with the Cedar Grove Pack Station.
Each site in Sentinel Campground provides a fire ring, picnic table and large bear-proof food storage box. The roads through Sentinel Campground are paved, making it easier for both RVs and smaller cars to access the entire campground. There are five comfort stations throughout the campground, all with flush toilets, a large sink for dish-washing, and drinking water. The Cedar Grove Visitor Center is located just outside Sentinel Campground, and Cedar Grove Village is across the street and offers a convenience store, gift shop, snack bar, hotel, showers and laundry.
Tall granite mountainsides cradle the south fork of the Kings River, as streams and creeks feed the river with snowmelt from higher elevations. Abundant wildlife roam through the tall ponderosa pine and incense cedar trees, meadows and along riversides. Hikes into the backcountry out of Cedar Grove will give visitors an ever deeper understanding of the beauty and uniqueness of Kings Canyon National Park.
For facility specific information, please call (559) 565-3714.
Hume Lake, Grizzly Falls, Mist Falls, Zumwalt Meadow, Roaring River Falls, Sequoia Groves and numerous hiking trails attract visitors to this area. Campfire stories, nature and wildlife presentations, and ranger-led hikes are also available during most of the season.
Charges & Cancellations
- Payment in full will be charged to your credit card upon completion of the reservation. A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation. Additional fees will apply for late cancellations
- All cancellations made between midnight on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival are considered late cancellations and will incur a $10.00 cancellation fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
Frequently Asked Questions About 47050 Generals Highway Three Rivers, CA
How do I make a reservation with Sentinel Campground?
To make reservations at Sentinel Campground, you can call the office at (559) 565-3341.
- ENTRANCE FEES APPLY: 1-7 Day Pass- $35 per vehicle (private, non-commercial). $20 per person (on foot, bicycle, or bus). 12 month pass available at Ash Mountain & Big Stump Entrance Stations. Check www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/fees.htm for details.
- CAMPING FEES: $22 per night for Regular Camping and $11 per night for valid lifetime Access Pass, lifetime Senior Pass, and annual Senior Pass. No other passes receive reduced rates.
- Failure to notify the campground prior to 12:00 pm noon the day following scheduled arrival may result in your reservation being cancelled.
Where is Sentinel Campground located?
The Sentinel Campground is located at 47050 Generals Highway in Three Rivers,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Sentinel Campground have tent or RV camping?
Sentinel Campground offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at (559) 565-3341 to make sure things haven’t changed.