The Railroad Flat Campground location is in Briceburg, California
95345. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Railroad Flat Campground facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Bureau Of Land Management
Willow Placer Campground
BLM Mother Lode Field Office: (916) 941-3101 or Briceburg Visitor Center: (209) 379-9414
Campground information Briceburg, California
Remember your OUTDOOR ETHICS when enjoying your public lands. Please RECREATE RESPONSIBLY.
At the end of Briceburg River Road and 4.5 miles from the suspension bridge within the BLM, Merced River Recreation Area is the Railroad Flat Campground. Popular with gold prospectors and hikers alike, there is always interesting campfire talk in this campground. It also serves as the trailhead for the BLM, Merced River Trail. The Merced River Trail is a spectacular wildflower walk in spring, has great scenery, fine fishing, and amazing swimming during other times of the year.
Facilities in Railroad Flat Campground (9 sites total):
- 3 Walk-in camp sites
- 6 drive-up camp site
- 1 vault toilet
- 2 Port-o-let toilet (seasonal near site 21-23)
- Trash collection cans
- Recycling collection cans
- Main parking lot
- Self-pay Iron Ranger fee system
- There are picnic tables, fire grills, and food storage lockers at all camp sites.
- All campsites are within 200 feet of the river
Permits, Fees, and Limitations:
- Camp fee is $10 per site per night. America the Beautiful Pass fee is $5.00/site/night.
- Camping is allowed only in designated, numbered camp sites.
- Maximum 8 people and two vehicles per site.
- Camping is first come, first served. No reservations available.
- A campsite is rented ONLY once it has been paid in full, pay-stub is properly completed and attached to campsite post, and site is occupied by campers (tent up).
- Self-pay system. Iron Ranger located near Bulletin Board.
- Pay camp fee within 30 minutes of occupying site.
- No dispersed camping within the Merced River corridor.
- No person shall leave any property unattended for more than 24 hours. (43 CFR 8351.2-1 (1))
- Fires are allowed ONLY in provided metal fire rings. NO FIRES ON BEACH. (Fire Restriction may apply).
- No glass bottles allowed within 1/4 mile of the Merced River. 43 CFR 8351.2-1 (i)
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- NO DOGS allowed at McCabe BEACH.
- NO AMPLIFIED MUSIC or unreasonable noise any time.
- QUIET TIME AFTER 10:00 pm (no speakers, generators etc.)
- No Discharge of Firearms or fireworks 43 CFR 8351.2-1 (a)
- No person shall enter a developed campground between 10:00 pm and 6:00 am, unless that person is a registered camper. 43 CFR 8351.2-1 (g)
- All California Motor Vehicle Laws Apply. (Seat Belts, DUI, etc.). 43 CFR 8351.2-1 (e)
No lifeguard on duty. Swimming is dangerous any time of year, but especially during spring and early summer.
The Merced River is un-damned and the flow changes dramatically from year to year and season to season. Please wear a life jacket. SWIMMING IS ONLY RECOMMENDED BELOW 700 CFS.
Potable water is available across the Briceburg Bridge as you head towards the campground facilities. Look for the faucet near the information kiosk. Bring your own water for camping purposes. Potable water is not available at the campground sites.
Trailers over 18 feet and large RV’s are not recommended crossing the suspension bridge.The old Yosemite railroad grade is accessible by vehicles up to the Railroad Flat Campground. Only equestrian, pedestrians, and bicycles are permitted beyond the Railroad Flat Campground. Commercial lodging is available in the town of Mariposa.
- River flow is posted on-line at: www.dreamflows.com
- Return To: Merced River Recreation Management Area.
- Visit: BLM, Mother Lode Field Office
- Recreation Passes: America the Beautiful — National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass
Frequently Asked Questions About Bureau Of Land Management Briceburg, CA
How do I make a reservation with Railroad Flat Campground?
To make reservations at Railroad Flat Campground, you can call the office at BLM Mother Lode Field Office: (916) 941-3101 or Briceburg Visitor Center: (209) 379-9414.
$10.00 per site per night, 8 people per site maximum. Senior Pass fee is $5.00/night.
Where is Railroad Flat Campground located?
The Railroad Flat Campground is located at Bureau Of Land Management Willow Placer Campground in Briceburg,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Railroad Flat Campground have tent or RV camping?
Railroad Flat Campground offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at BLM Mother Lode Field Office: (916) 941-3101 or Briceburg Visitor Center: (209) 379-9414 to make sure things haven’t changed.