The Monte Cristo location is in Pleasant Grove, Utah
84062. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Monte Cristo facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
564 W 700 S
Ste.305, Box #5
OGDEN RANGER DISTRICT 801-625-5112 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Campground information Pleasant Grove, Utah
Monte Cristo Campground is located 30 miles east of Huntsville, Utah, at an elevation of 9,000 feet. Visitors enjoy exploring local trails and driving along scenic Highway 39 through wildflower-filled meadows and beautiful forests.
Click here to view a map of Monte Cristo Campground.
Monte Cristo is a beautiful high mountain area brimming with hiking, biking, horseback and off-road vehicle riding trail opportunities. The scenic drive along Highway 39 is popular with motorcyclists and road bicyclists.
The campground contains two group sites that can accommodate up to 100 people each. Sites are equipped with picnic and serving tables, grills, campfire circles and cement site pads. Several single-family sites are available as well. Flush and vault toilets, drinking water and trash collection are provided.
A forest of shady aspen and spruce trees covers the area. Summer wildflowers are plentiful and autumn leaves put on a spectacular show. Sugar Pine Creek is nearby.
Ogden River Scenic Byway, this beautiful byway, beginning at the mouth of Ogden Canyon winds through 44 miles of Utah’s most beautiful mountains and countryside. Rock walls and tree-covered mountain sides line the roadway that follows the Ogden River to Pineview Dam. Small islands dot the man-made reservoir and surrounding fields are either shades of green or snow-white. The magnificent Wasatch Mountain Range stretches heavenward and the mountains cradle the reservoir and small communities through which the byway passes in their gentle valleys.
For facility specific information, please call (385) 273-1100.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations” above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer’s credit card statements as “Recreation.gov 877-444-6777.”
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions About 564 W 700 S Pleasant Grove, UT
How do I make a reservation with Monte Cristo?
To make reservations at Monte Cristo, you can call the office at OGDEN RANGER DISTRICT 801-625-5112 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100.
44 Single sites – $24.00, capacity – 8 people
2 Group sites – $243.00, capacity – 100 people
Extra Vehicle – $10.00 per vehicle
Walk-In Visitors – $8.00 per person
Day Use – $10.00
Where is Monte Cristo located?
The Monte Cristo is located at 564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 in Pleasant Grove,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Monte Cristo have tent or RV camping?
Monte Cristo offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at OGDEN RANGER DISTRICT 801-625-5112 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100 to make sure things haven’t changed.