The Lyman Lake Campsites location is in Rapid River, Michigan
49878. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Lyman Lake Campsites facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Rapid River/Manistique Ranger District
8181 Us Hwy 2
906-474-6442 OR 906-387-2512
Campground information Rapid River, Michigan
There are many campsites on the Munising and Rapid River/Manistique Ranger Districts of the Hiawatha National Forest. Many are located on inland lakes and are in a rustic forest environment with few to no amenities and no drinking water. The rustic environment offers a wonderfully serene and peaceful setting for your next camping experience. All of these sites are nestled in hardwood trees and pines. All of them are on small inland lakes, which offer a wide variety of fishing opportunities.
Visitors will be able to enjoy swimming, berry picking, and fishing at these campsites. Licenses are required for fishing in Michigan waters.
Lyman Lake supports a diverse fishery of bluegills, pumpkinseeds, rock bass, largemouth bass and northern pike. There is a back-in boat access, with parking, located between sites 6 and 7.
Swimming conditions vary based on site choice.
- Good swimming areas can be found at sites 2, 3 and 5.
- Sites 4 and 6 have fair swimming areas.
- Sites 1, 7, 8, 9 and 10 have poor swimming areas.
There is NO drinking water available.
Primitive toilets can be found at several of the campsites.
Lake Name: Lyman Lake
Number of Sites: 10
Maximum number of people per site:
- Sites 1, 7, 10 (8)
- Sites 2-4, 6, 8, 9 (16)
- Site 5 (24)
Boat Access: Back-In
Lake Size (acres): 67
Lyman Lake has 10 campsites lining its shores, which can make this lake very busy! Each campsite has its own set of specific features.
- Site 1 is on a small, wooded area, 35 ft x 25 ft and has good road access. This site is suitable for one family and a small trailer. Access to the lake is steep, but a stairway is provided.
- Site 2 is a level area that measures 40 ft x 30 ft in size and is suitable for two families and trailers. Access to teh lake is steep, but a stairway is provided.
- Site 3 is on an open area, 75ft x 70 ft and is suitable for two families with trailers.
- Site 4 is 40 ft x 40 ft and very wooded. This site can accomodate two families with trailers, but turn-around space is very limited.
- Site 5 is a large area that measures 75 ft x 50 ft. and has good road access. It is suitable for three families and trailers.
- Site 6 is a large area that measures 75 ft x 60 ft. The ground slopes, making it difficult for trailers. This site is suitable for two families. Turning radius is very limited.
- Site 7 is 45 ft x 35 ft and is on a slope. It is suitable for one family. Tents are recommended at this site.
- Site 8 is wooded, 55 ft x 35 ft, and is situated on a hill overlooking Lyman Lake. The site is level and suitable for two families and trailers.
- Site 9 is wooded, 80 ft x 40 ft and on a hill overlooking Lyman Lake. The site is level and suitable for two families and trailers. There is limited turn-around space.
- Site 10 is in a wooded area, 50 ft x 30 ft, and overlooks Lyman Lake. It is isolated from the other campsites and has a seperate access road. This site is suitable for one family.
For local information, please call (906) 474-6442 or call (906) 387-2512 for general information.
There are a number of horse, bike, and hiking trails within minutes of several of the sites. In over a mile from these campsites, visitors can expect to find: bait shops, general and grocery stores, gas, a pay phone, trailheads, a fishing pier, biking, and kayak/canoe rentals.
Groceries, gasoline, fishing and camping supplies, ice and deli are available seven miles northeast on County Road 437 in the Thunder Lake area.
Frequently Asked Questions About Rapid River/Manistique Ranger District Rapid River, MI
How do I make a reservation with Lyman Lake Campsites?
To make reservations at Lyman Lake Campsites, you can call the office at 906-474-6442 OR 906-387-2512.
Where is Lyman Lake Campsites located?
The Lyman Lake Campsites is located at Rapid River/Manistique Ranger District 8181 Us Hwy 2 in Rapid River,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Lyman Lake Campsites have tent or RV camping?
Lyman Lake Campsites offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 906-474-6442 OR 906-387-2512 to make sure things haven’t changed.