The Ice House location is in , California
. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Ice House facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Campground information , California
Ice House Campground is surrounded by a mixed conifer forest on the shores of Ice House Reservoir. Just 12 miles from Riverton, CA, the campground offers hiking, biking, jet skiing and fishing.
Ponderosa pine is a pleasing part of the surrounding region. The trees fill the air with a vanilla aroma and it’s the tallest known pine tree in the country. To date, the tallest Ponderosa measured was an impressive 268.35 feet tall.
Enjoy swimming, fishing and boating on Ice House Reservoir. Rainbow, brown, and trout swim in these waters. A boat ramp is located on-site.
Hike or bike on the Ice House Mountain Bike Trail, which stretches for 3.1 miles along ridge tops and shaded northern slopes. The trail boasts views of the reservoir and the Crystal Range.
Amenities include a picnic area, drinking water faucets, vault toilets and a dump station. Firewood is sold on-site and a nearby resort offers a restaurant, gas and limited groceries.
At the RV-only campsite area, there is a shared cooking area with tables and grills. This is the only place those staying in the area may grill.
Some campsites at Ice House are right on the shoreline while others are set back just enough for plenty of shade from towering ponderosa pines, cedars and Manzanita bushes. The reservoir spans 700 acres at 5,500 feet elevation.
The area is part of the Eldorado National Forest, which stretches across the famed gold mining territory of the 1800s. Its climate is similar to that of the Mediterranean, with warm, dry summers and cold, wet winters.
Head to Bassi Falls, which can be reached via a 1.2-mile hiking trail. The glorious waterfall cascades over a 109-foot granite cliff.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refunds for a cancelled reservation.
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 4 days before your arrival date. A customer who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night’s use fee (see Late Cancellation below).
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld.
Frequently Asked Questions About Eldorado , CA
How do I make a reservation with Ice House?
To make reservations at Ice House, you can call the office at 831-245-6891.
Where is Ice House located?
The Ice House is located at Eldorado in ,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Ice House have tent or RV camping?
Ice House offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 831-245-6891 to make sure things haven’t changed.