The Hopkins Prairie Campground location is in , #N/A
. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Hopkins Prairie Campground facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Campground information , #N/A
There are only 21 sites at Hopkins Prairie. All are well-shaded in an oak hammock on a peninsula surrounded by the prairie, where cool breezes blow in when there is a little water in the prairie.
- Depending on water levels in the prairie, you may be able to launch your canoe or jon boat to drift across the deeper spots in this vast ecosystem. Boat ramp available – $3 per vessel launch fee
- Hopkins Prairie is a designated camping area with minimal facilities, open seasonally.
- The vast expanse of Hopkins Prairie has ponds and shallows. Depending on water levels, it may be possible to fish from the bank or launch a canoe or jon boat to access the deeper areas.
- With a year-round trailhead providing access to the Florida Trail, Hopkins Prairie is a popular destination for day hikers to wander off in either direction along the trail, or complete a section down to the Pat’s Island Trailhead or Juniper Springs.
- Hopkins Prairie is an excellent destination for birding, since the interface between open prairie and scrub forest is usually busy with songbirds, while wading birds pick through the ponds. Even when the campground is closed, you can meander from the Hopkins Prairie Trailhead along the Florida Trail to enjoy birding. It’s also a perfect spot where you can peer out from the shade of an oak scrub forest beneath gnarled limbs to an expanse of grasslands shimmering in the sun.
- Vault Toilets
- 21 Sites
- Water Available via Hand Pump
- Boat ramp
An island of shade amid a broad, winding grassland, the Hopkins Prairie Campground is a seasonal destination for campers looking to get a bit off the beaten path. It sits right along the Florida Trail and offers opportunities for fishing and birding along miles of prairie shoreline.
Frequently Asked Questions About ,
How do I make a reservation with Hopkins Prairie Campground?
To make reservations at Hopkins Prairie Campground, you can call the office at .
All visitors must display confirmation of payment in vehicle dash. Please write confirmation number on provided envelope.
Where is Hopkins Prairie Campground located?
The Hopkins Prairie Campground is located at in ,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Hopkins Prairie Campground have tent or RV camping?
Hopkins Prairie Campground offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at to make sure things haven’t changed.