The Headwaters Campground At Flagg Ranch location is in Moran, Wyoming
83013. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Headwaters Campground At Flagg Ranch facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
1 Grassy Lake Road
Campground information Moran, Wyoming
Reservations will migrate to Recreation.gov for the 2022 season. Availability will go live on Recreation.gov on November 13, 2021 for RV sites, and December 1, 2021 for Tent sites and Camper Cabins.
Located in the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway, directly between Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks and just minutes from both, Headwaters Campground offers the perfect basecamp for exploration. Situated in a spectacular wooded setting with rolling hills and Teton mountain views, this campground is the perfect place to unwind and unplug, as there is no cellular or internet service. Commune with nature and spot bear, moose, mule deer, and more as you stroll along nearby Polecat Creek. For avid anglers, the Snake River offers plentiful cutthroat trout, brook trout, and whitefish. While none of Headwater’s campsites are on the river, all are within walking distance.
The campground offers 34 tent sites, 97 full-hookup and pull-through RV sites, and 40 Camper Cabins, and is open from June to October. Visitors are encouraged to plan ahead and book early.
The Headwaters area is a prime location for wildlife watching and photography. Walk along the banks of Polecat Creek through wildflower meadows and conifer forests to capture that perfect photo of a beaver, moose, elk, bison, bear, or birds. (Be sure to maintain appropriate distance!) Although soaking is not permitted, Huckleberry Hot Springs is an easy 2.5-mile loop that starts at Polecat Creek.
The Flagg Canyon trail is a good option for all ability levels. This 5.1-mile out and back hike winds through meadows and cliffs along the Snake River, and features a waterfall. There is plenty of wildlife to see in this area, including marmot, elk, and white-throated swift.
Headwaters campground offers camping for tents, full-hookup camping for RVs, and hard-wall Camper Cabins. Each tent site has a gravel parking space for up to two vehicles, and tent pads for up to two tents. All RV sites are pull-through with gravel parking space for one RV and one tow vehicle with a maximum total length of 45 feet. Our RV sites offer full-hookups including sewer, water, and 20-, 30-, and 50-amp electric outlets. Propane is available for purchase at the campground office.
Headwaters Camper Cabins are scattered throughout the campground and include double-double or double-single bunk-style beds. While the bunks are padded, bedding and pillows not included. Guests are encouraged to bring their own linens, however a limited quantity of sleeping bags, pillows and blankets are available on a first-come basis for a nightly fee. Our Camper Cabins do not offer electricity or private restrooms, but do include a lantern.
All sites, including Camper Cabins, have a picnic table, a fire pit with metal fire grate, access to nearby water spigots, flush toilets, shower facilities, and coin-operated laundry facilities. Tent and RV sites also include food storage lockers. A phone is available in the lodge lobby for public use 24 hours per day.
ADA Access: The campsites and roads are well-compacted gravel and mostly level, with a gently sloping incline/decline that may make wheelchair access more challenging. Restroom facilities are wheelchair-accessible with one fully accessible shower. Routes to the amphitheater have a gently sloping incline/decline with compacted gravel, and are somewhat uneven.
Firewood, food, and ice can be purchased at the convenience store, and camping supplies, souvenirs, and more are available in the gift shop, both located in the main lodge. The main lodge also offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Sheffields Restaurant and Saloon. Please note that some facilities and services—including restaurants, activities, and retail operations—may have modifications or limitations. Learn More.
Headwaters at Flagg Ranch is situated in a tranquil setting along the upper reaches of the Snake River, surrounded by meadows and conifer forests. The Yellowstone Plateau rises to the north, and Huckleberry Mountain to the east.
Within walking distance is Polecat Creek, which runs through forests, wildflower meadows, and thermal features. For avid anglers, the Snake River offers plentiful cutthroat trout, brook trout, and whitefish. This area is known for its remarkable fly fishing and photography opportunities.
Headwaters is home to elk, moose, mule deer, wolves, black and grizzly bears, a wide variety of birds and more. Bears are often seen on trails and in the developed areas. Being prepared for an animal encounter can help ensure your safety as well as that of the wildlife that call this spectacular area home.
For facility specific information, please call (307) 543-2861.
One of the many reasons visitors return to Headwaters at Flagg Ranch year after year is its close proximity to Yellowstone’s south entrance, just a few miles north. But while it wouldn’t be difficult to spend all your time exploring our country’s very first national park (and the second-largest in the lower 48 states), there is much to see and do in the opposite direction as well. Take a self-guided tour of Grand Teton National Park via the 43-mile Scenic Loop Drive, offering an opportunity to photograph the park’s famous landscape and local wildlife. Spend a few hours at Colter Bay Village, located about 30 minutes south of Headwaters Campground, where you can rent a kayak or canoe, take a guided boat ride to the majestic base of the Teton Range, or just enjoy lunch and the stunning lake view from the marina. Continue on and stop in at the historic Jackson Lake Lodge for its famous huckleberry milkshakes and spectacular Teton views through 60-foot tall wall-to-wall windows. While you’re there, book a scenic raft trip or park bus tour. From there, continue south to the town of Jackson, located about 50 miles from Headwaters, where you can visit the National Museum of Wildlife Art just outside of town, walk under the famous giant elk antler archway in town center, attend the Jackson Hole Rodeo, browse local shops, and dine at one of the many restaurants.
Charges & Cancellations
- There is no change fee if a visitor extends or shortens a reservation, as long as the change includes dates from the original reservation. Additionally, there is no change fee if the visitor wants to switch sites that are the same price with the same reservation dates in the same facility.
- If a visitor wants to switch dates that are entirely outside of the original reservation dates, there is a $10 change fee.
- If a reservation is made that includes dates beyond the maximum booking window, that reservation cannot be changed until 18 days have passed from the original booking date.
- Once a reservation date has begun, visitors cannot change a reservation using the online system or through the Call Center. Onsite staff will assist with changes or cancellations.
- Visitors may cancel their reservation prior to arrival both on-line and through the call center. A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refund for a cancellation.
- A visitor who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night’s approved rate including tax and applicable add-on. Cancellations for a one-night reservation will forfeit the entire amount paid and will not be subject to an additional service fee.
- Visitors who cancel a group overnight facility reservation less than 14 days prior to arrival date will pay a $10 service fee AND forfeit the first night’s rate.
- A no-show visitor is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Staff will hold a campsite until check-out time on the day following the arrival date.
- No-shows are assessed $20.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s rate, taxes and applicable add-on for a campsite.
- Visitors are requested to notify staff at the facility if they depart early to allow others to use the site.
- If the visitor chooses to depart early, they may forfeit the approved rate and applicable tax and applicable add-on for the day of departure. If a visitor departs prior to the scheduled check-out date, they may be eligible for a partial refund. Visitors may notify the Recreation.gov call center to request a refund of remaining unused nights. If a visitor requests a refund for an early departure after the facility check-out time (11 am) has passed, the visitor will not be refunded for that night and is eligible for a refund on any additional nights that will not be used.
- Visitors may submit a refund request through their Recreation.gov profile within 7 days of the end date of their reservation. Visitors may also initiate a refund request through the call center at any time after their reservation has ended.
- Refunds for debit or credit card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank or credit card used to pay.
- For check or cash purchases, Recreation.gov will mail a Treasury check for refunds of cash, check, or money order payments to the address associated with the reservation. Treasury check refunds may take up to 6-8 weeks to arrive.
- In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team or facility manager will refund all fees and will attempt to notify you using the contact information within the Recreation.gov visitor profile.
Frequently Asked Questions About 1 Grassy Lake Road Moran, WY
How do I make a reservation with Headwaters Campground At Flagg Ranch?
To make reservations at Headwaters Campground At Flagg Ranch, you can call the office at 307-543-2861.
Water Hookup Fee: The Utility fee is imposed on all lodging and camping products to defer the higher cost of providing water and sewer in the remote locations in which we operate. The amount of this fee is determined by taking the difference in the cost of providing these services less the comparable cost of similar services in local areas. This fee is reviewed annually and approved by the National Park Service.
Where is Headwaters Campground At Flagg Ranch located?
The Headwaters Campground At Flagg Ranch is located at 1 Grassy Lake Road Unit 187 in Moran,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Headwaters Campground At Flagg Ranch have tent or RV camping?
Headwaters Campground At Flagg Ranch offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 307-543-2861 to make sure things haven’t changed.