The Gooseneck Lake Campsites location is in Rapid River, Michigan
49878. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Gooseneck Lake Campsites facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Rapid River/Manistique Ranger District
8181 Us Hwy 2
906-474-6442 OR 906-387-2512
Campground information Rapid River, Michigan
There are many campsites on the Munising and Rapid River/Manistique Ranger Districts of the Hiawatha National Forest. Many are located on inland lakes and are in a rustic forest environment with few to no amenities and no drinking water. The rustic environment offers a wonderfully serene and peaceful setting for your next camping experience. All of these sites are nestled in hardwood trees and pines. All of them are on small inland lakes, which offer a wide variety of fishing opportunities.
Visitors will be able to enjoy swimming, berry picking, and fishing at these dispersed campsites. Licenses are required for fishing in Michigan waters.
The best swimming opportunities are located at site 3 and site 4.
- Site 1 does NOT have good swimming conditions.
- Site 3 has good swimming conditions, however there are high banks at this site that block the view of the shoreline from the site.
An improved public boat access is located near site 1. A toilet is nearby, which is shared with site 1. The lake offers a good fishery of walleye, large and smallmouth bass, rock bass, sunfish and northern pike.
There is NO drinking water available at these sites.
Primitive toilets are available at the campsites:
- Site 1 has a primitive toilet, which is located and shared with the public using the boat launch
- Site 3 has a primtive toilet.
Lake Name: Gooseneck Lake
Number of Sites: 3
Maximum Number of People Per Site: Site 1, 4 (8) Site 3 (16)
Boat Access: Back-In
Lake Size (acres): 123
Gooseneck Lake is an extremely busy lake with private land and cottages surrounding most of its shores. As a result, pontoon boats, jet skis and water skiers and even occasional fishing boats can be seen and heard on the lake.
There are three campsites on Gooseneck Lake:
- Site 1 is set back in a wooded area. Although its small, it is very nice. It is 40 ft. x 30 ft. with rough road access. It is suitable for a single family, but trailers are not recommended.
- Site 3 is an excellent camping area at the top of a small sandy bank. It is an open area, 100 ft x 70 ft in size. Access is good and this site is suitable for two families and trailers.
- Site 4 is located on the south side of the lake. The site is 70 ft. x 45 ft. and can accomodate one family. The access road is firm, but very narrow with sharp turns. Trailers are not recommended due to the very limited turning space.
For local information, please call (906) 474-6442 or call (906) 387-2512 for general information.
There are a number of horse, bike, and hiking trails within minutes of several of the sites. In over a mile from these campsites, visitors can expect to find: bait shops, general and grocery stores, gas, a pay phone, trailheads, a fishing pier, biking, and kayak/canoe rentals.
Gasoline, groceries, fishing and camping supplies, boat rentals, ice and MDNR licenses are available at Steuben, approximately 2 miles northwest on County Road 437.
Frequently Asked Questions About Rapid River/Manistique Ranger District Rapid River, MI
How do I make a reservation with Gooseneck Lake Campsites?
To make reservations at Gooseneck Lake Campsites, you can call the office at 906-474-6442 OR 906-387-2512.
Where is Gooseneck Lake Campsites located?
The Gooseneck Lake Campsites is located at Rapid River/Manistique Ranger District 8181 Us Hwy 2 in Rapid River,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Gooseneck Lake Campsites have tent or RV camping?
Gooseneck Lake Campsites offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 906-474-6442 OR 906-387-2512 to make sure things haven’t changed.