The Desert View Campground location is in , #N/A
. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Desert View Campground facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
Campground information , #N/A
Located on the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park at an Altitude of 7,463 ft/ 2,275 m., Desert View Campground is located 23 miles (37 km) to the east of Grand Canyon Village. The Desert View area offers a peaceful setting. There are 50 campsites. Most sites are sized to accommodate tents or smaller RV’s, or vehicles with travel trailers (30 ft. total length). Vehicles over 29′ in total length may not be able to negotiate turns without damaging resources and/or vehicle/trailer.
Campsites will be available by reservation at www.recreation.gov. The campground will be open April 15th, through October 16, 2022. Reservations can be made online or by phone (877-444-6777).
Due to high demand, Desert View Campground requires advanced reservations during its opening: April- October. You may book reservations up to 6 months in advance. Desert View Campground does not hold back any campsites for first-come, first-served camping during peak season and does not have a wait list or call back system.
Same Day Reservations can be made online (www.recreation.gov) or by phone (877-444-6777).
- There are a total of 50 campsites in the Desert View Campground.
- Most sites are sized to accommodate tents or smaller RV’s or Travel Trailers.
- Sites can not accommodate large RV’s or Travel Trailers (30 ft. maximum length – Front bumper to rear bumper).
- Limit of six persons; two tents; two-vehicles or one RV/Travel Trailer per site.
- There are no Group Sites. Affiliated Groups cannot break up into separate sites. Examples of Affiliated Group: clubs, Scouts, organizations, group of friends, large family gatherings.
- All campsites are dry sites. No utility, water, or sewer hook-ups are available.
- Each site does have a campfire grill for fires and cooking use and a picnic table.
- There are two water faucets located within the campground.
- There are men’s, women’s, and ADA accessible restrooms in the campground.
- The restrooms have flushing toilets and sinks (no hot water).
- No showers, laundromat, or dump station at the Desert View Campground.
- The nearest showers, laundromat, and dump station are at: Mather Campground, in Grand Canyon Village, 26 miles/42 km west of Desert View. Note: Mather Campground showers, and laundromat are CLOSED AT THIS TIME due to Covid-19.
- A General Store and a Gas Station are in the Desert View area; with limited groceries and firewood.
Desert View Campground lies beneath a mixture of Pinyon and Juniper trees, providing most campsites with ample shade. The campground is less than 1/2 mile from the rim of the canyon. A visit to the canyon during sunrise and sunset yields spectacular views of yellow, orange, red and violet hues in the canyon walls. Layers of rock display billions of years of geologic history. Campers can take a short from the campground to the historic Desert View Watchtower. Visitors can see the mighty Colorado River, which flows 277 miles through the bottom of the canyon. Wildlife abounds on the South Rim, including elk, mule deer, coyotes, lizards, songbirds and the endangered California condor. Although condors nest below the rim, they can be seen soaring several thousand feet above the canyon in search for carrion.
• Desert View provides one of the widest views of Grand Canyon and the Painted Desert. The Desert View Watchtower displays the talent of architect Mary Jane Colter. Tusayan Ruin and Museum provide glimpses into the life of a small Ancestral Puebloan village 800 years ago. Both are within 5 miles from the campground.
Charges & Cancellations
Reservation adjustments are made online through www.recreation.gov. or by phone (877)444-6777.
Frequently Asked Questions About ,
How do I make a reservation with Desert View Campground?
To make reservations at Desert View Campground, you can call the office at (928) 638-7081.
- Campsites at the Desert View Campground during the 2021 season will be $18.00 for each space for each night.
- The Interagency Senior Pass, Interagency Access Pass, Golden Age Passport, and Golden Access Passport entitle the pass owner to a 50% discount on camping fees. No discounts on camping for any other Federal Pass holders.
Where is Desert View Campground located?
The Desert View Campground is located at in ,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Desert View Campground have tent or RV camping?
Desert View Campground offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at (928) 638-7081 to make sure things haven’t changed.