The Christmas Meadows Campground location is in Pleasant Grove, Utah
84062. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Christmas Meadows Campground facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
564 W 700 S
Ste.305, Box #5
EVANSTON-MOUNTAIN VIEW RANGER DISTRICT 307-789-3194 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Campground information Pleasant Grove, Utah
Christmas Meadows Campground is located just a few miles off the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway, 36 miles from Evanston, Wyoming. The byway cuts through the Uinta Mountains, which are known for their abundant recreational opportunities and scenic beauty.
Christmas Meadows Trail, for hiking and horseback riding, begins just outside the campground. Numerous additional hiking, biking, horseback and off-road vehicle riding trails crisscross this beautiful region.
Fly-fishing for cutthroat and brook trout is a popular activity on Stillwater Fork, which can be accessed just outside the campground.
The campground contains several single-family sites with picnic tables and campfire rings. Vault toilets, drinking water and trash collection are provided. Firewood is available for purchase from the host. Roads and parking spurs are dirt.
The campground is situated on a knoll above Stillwater Fork and the beautiful Christmas Meadows at an elevation of 8,800 feet. Most campsites offer views of the meadows below. A thin forest of lodgepole pine and aspen trees covers the campground, providing limited shade. Summer wildflowers dot the landscape.
For facility specific information, please call (385) 273-1100.
Mirror Lake Scenic Byway parallels the Lower Provo River as it snakes across a portion of the Uinta Mountains, leading to numerous high alpine lakes and streams, countless trails, breathtaking scenic viewpoints and various campgrounds.
Fishing, canoeing, hiking, backpacking, horseback riding and biking are popular activities. The High Uintas Wilderness can be accessed from several trails along the byway.
Charges & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under “Late Cancellations” above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer’s credit card statements as “Recreation.gov 877-444-6777.”
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions About 564 W 700 S Pleasant Grove, UT
How do I make a reservation with Christmas Meadows Campground?
To make reservations at Christmas Meadows Campground, you can call the office at EVANSTON-MOUNTAIN VIEW RANGER DISTRICT 307-789-3194 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100.
11 single sites – $22.00, capacity 8 people + 1 vehicle per single site
Day Use – $10.00
Extra vehicle – $10.00 per vehicle
Trailhead overnight parking – $5.00 per vehicle
Where is Christmas Meadows Campground located?
The Christmas Meadows Campground is located at 564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 in Pleasant Grove,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Christmas Meadows Campground have tent or RV camping?
Christmas Meadows Campground offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at EVANSTON-MOUNTAIN VIEW RANGER DISTRICT 307-789-3194 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100 to make sure things haven’t changed.