The Capps Crossing location is in Camino, California
95709. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Capps Crossing facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
4260 Eight Mile Road
Campground information Camino, California
Capps Crossing is located on the North Fork of the Cosumnes River. The campground is located in a forested area and is well shaded during the day. Hiking trails and rock climbing areas are nearby.
Wading is possible in the North Fork Cosumnes River. Fishing is an option and a good spot for swimming is nearby. While exploring the river, it’s not uncommon to see people panning for gold. Gold-seeking hobbyists maintain the excitement of the old days of gold mining in the region.
Capps Crossing is a unique campground. It is designed for groups, by reservation, and can accommodate 42 people. When the campground is not reserved for groups, the individual sites may be used on a first-come, first-served basis. Individual sites are limited to one vehicle and six people.
Campsites 2-5 are for tents only and sites 1, 6, and 7 can fit RVs. Individual sites are arranged in a single loop that forms the group site.
Capps Crossing sits at an elevation of 5,100 feet, in the shade of cedar and fir trees. A Mediterranean climate extends over most of the forest, creating warm, dry summers and cold, wet winters.
Visitors enjoy taking scenic drives to many overlooks in the area. Fishing, hiking, bird watching, and close proximity to off-highway vehicle routes are some of the attractions of Capps Crossing.
Charges & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: Customers who cancel a group overnight facility reservation less than 14 days before the arrival date will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night’s use fee..
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 14 days before your arrival date.
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld.
Frequently Asked Questions About 4260 Eight Mile Road Camino, CA
How do I make a reservation with Capps Crossing?
To make reservations at Capps Crossing, you can call the office at 831-245-6891.
Where is Capps Crossing located?
The Capps Crossing is located at 4260 Eight Mile Road in Camino,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Capps Crossing have tent or RV camping?
Capps Crossing offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 831-245-6891 to make sure things haven’t changed.