The Buckeye Flat Campground location is in Three Rivers, California
93271. This page provides detailed contact information for this campground location including the campground phone number, office hours, reservation information and driving directions.
If you have any questions about the Buckeye Flat Campground facility, or if you need to reserve a campsite, then call the campground listed below.
47050 Generals Highway
Campground information Three Rivers, California
Buckeye Flat Campground is located in Sequoia National Park, in the heart of the Sierra Foothills. The campground sits at an elevation of 2,800 feet, perched above the Middle Fork of the Kaweah River and shaded by a stand of large Live Oaks. For more information and trip planning please see our website at www.nps.gov/seki
Whether you are visiting the spectacular sequoia trees in the Giant Forest or backpacking into the wilderness of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, Buckeye Campground offers a convenient starting point. Located just six miles from the Ash Mountain Entrance Station, the campground is within a 30-minute drive to countless miles of trails and natural wonders.
Buckeye Flat Campground offers 27 reservable campsites accommodating tents only. Picnic tables, fire rings and food storage lockers are provided at each site. Flush toilets and drinking water are available within the campground.
The Foothills consist of the lower elevations of Sequoia National Park, where the grassy valley floor gives way to granite peaks. Oaks, chaparral and river canyons are plentiful here in an area with more biological diversity than the conifer forests and High Sierra combined. Winters are relatively snow-free and mild; summer is characterized by hot and dry weather. Wildlife is frequently seen in the area, including the American Black Bear, mule deer and bobcats, as well as numerous bird species.
Buckeye Flat Campground is located within a 30-minute drive from the Giant Forest, home to the largest trees on Earth. Moro Rock, Crescent Meadow and the Congress Trail are also located in the Giant Forest area, as well as numerous other opportunities for exploration in Sequoia National Park.
The Crystal Caves are about a 45 minute drive (16 miles/26 km) from the campground. Reserve tour tickets in advance on Recreation.gov.
Charges & Cancellations
- Payment in full will be charged to your credit card upon completion of the reservation. A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation. Additional fees will apply for late cancellations.
- All cancellations made between midnight on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival are considered late cancellations and will incur a $10.00 cancellation fee and will also forfeit the first night’s use fee. Cancellations for a single night’s reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
Frequently Asked Questions About 47050 Generals Highway Three Rivers, CA
How do I make a reservation with Buckeye Flat Campground?
To make reservations at Buckeye Flat Campground, you can call the office at 559-565-3714.
- ENTRANCE FEES APPLY: 1-7 Day Pass- $35 per vehicle (private, non-commercial). $20 per person (on foot, on bicycle, or bus). $30 per motorcycle (not per person). 12 month pass available at Ash Mountain & Big Stump Entrance Stations. Check www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/fees.htm for details.
- CAMPING FEES: $22 per night for Regular Camping and $11 per night for valid lifetime Access Pass, lifetime Senior Pass, and annual Senior Pass. No other passes receive reduced rates.
- Failure to notify the campground prior to 12:00 pm noon the day following your scheduled arrival may result in your reservation being cancelled.
Where is Buckeye Flat Campground located?
The Buckeye Flat Campground is located at 47050 Generals Highway in Three Rivers,
. This is the location you will need to go to for camping and information.
Does Buckeye Flat Campground have tent or RV camping?
Buckeye Flat Campground offers both tent and RV camping, but to confirm you will need to call the office at 559-565-3714 to make sure things haven’t changed.